Sunday, April 3, 2016

WDA JobsBank is USELESS! I was foolish to believe I can find a job through this!


Applied jobs using this since September, up till now now even a single call!

What a waste of time!

From EDMW, It seems that so many others face the same problem as me!

EDMW feedbank on JobsBank

Here're some of the comments:

"This website is well known to be a farce. Tried applying for jobs many times and none was I called up. Do not bother about this website"

"Applied a job that has 100 vacancies and 28 applicants. More than 2 weeks has passed, still no news from them.

Pinned my hope on it, wasted a full month on it too."

"This's the question I've always wanted to know - the hit-rate for the WDA's JobBank.

I only have one sample-size to share.

Saw a role - "Head of Asia-Pacific Ops" for an MNC in my industry a few months ago. Stated $12,000 salary per month, reporting to the Global Head in Switzerland.

Just nice I knew a industry veteran who's doing a similar role and more than capable of doing this role. He's Singaporean who lost out in the political fight at his firm - another global MNC. So I told him to give it a shot, which he did.

Two weeks ago, I met up with this bloke who was still unemployed and stressed out because he has two kids - one in primary school and the other in pre-school - and asked if he did nab the job at this MNC, which I knew the name since it's in my industry.

To my surprise, he feedback that he was not even called up for interview.

I was curious and did my informal checks with industry-friends in that firm, which has its AP-HQ at MBFC.

It was then that I found out that the role was just filled up by an European recently.

So this single episode made me really wonder if this JobBank thingy is really serving its purpose or just a rubber-stamp for MNC firms to bring in more FTs, when there are already many qualified Singaporeans who could fill the role.

WDA should publish their statistics of how many qualified Singaporeans were interviewed and not selected before the MNC firms decide to pick a FT to fill the role."

"I applied 94 positions. <10 were 'processed', about 5 'shortlisted' but never got calls. And about 4 'not shortlisted'

The rest of the applications stayed 'New' since... Aug 2015.

Spoke with my ex-HR (buddy buddy), she told me all who wants to hire foreigners need to place an advert there and prove that no locals can take up then they can hire FTs.

Jobsbank.gov.sg? Heh. Worthless site."

I give up on this!






1 comment: